Bit of background about the club

Print According to very good authority there was at Standon a Benedictine Priory and a house of the Knights Hospitallers before 1500. This accounts for the top half of the shield. The black is the colour of the Benedictine Order, and the red, with the white Crusader Cross, is the badge of the Knights. Before, and probably during Roman time there was a local cult, eventually giving rise to the name ‘Puck Ridge’. The blue wavy lines refer to this nereid cult, and the ‘Ridge’ is denoted by the pointed top of this part of the shield.